Apples vs. Oranges….get it? If you have an upcoming wedding and you want to “wow” your guests with some delicious cocktails, look no further than these perfect “His and Hers” Wedding Cocktails. They’re fruity, refreshing, and they are “His and Hers” without being corny or too obvious. Your sophisticated guests will appreciate the metaphor, and surely they will love the drinks because they are so tasty!
Her Cocktail: Gin Apple Martini
When Dripping Springs Distilling asked me to create a set of “His and Hers” cocktails for the upcoming wedding season (as they are celebrating the opening of their own wedding venue!) I knew I wanted a martini for the ladies. There’s something about a woman with a martini glass in hand that just screams “classy.” This apple-tini requires only 4 ingredients and the possibilities for garnishes are endless!
His Cocktail: Orange Vodka Crush
This “His” Cocktail is made with the incredibly smooth Dripping Springs Orange Vodka and Sunny D. If you’re new here, there’s one thing you must know: if there’s ever a chance to include a nostalgic component, I’m going to take it. Orange Crush cocktails are usually made with orange juice, but I swapped it with Sunny D because I love the sweet flavor. This drink also only has 4 ingredients, so all you need are 8 ingredients to make these delicious drinks and impress all your friends and family.
Yep! I used Dripping Springs ____ gin, but you can easily swap that out for Dripping Springs Vodka.
Sure! I prefer Sunny D, but OG OJ works too!
You could use limes in many ways: wheel, twist, wedge. Maraschino cherries are another great option!
Nope! I prefer crushed ice, in the summer especially, but any ice will do!
- 1 oz Dripping Springs Traditional Gin
- 2.5 oz Sour Apple Pucker
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Apple Slice (optional garnish)
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake for at least 30 seconds to achieve the perfect chilled temperature.
- Pour into a martini glass and add your desired garnish. (See FAQs for additional suggestions.)
- Enjoy and, as always, please drink responsibly.
His Orange Vodka Crush
- 2.5 oz Dripping Springs Orange Vodka
- 2.5 oz Original Sunny D
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- Lemon Lime Soda to taste (I used about 2 oz)
- Orange Peel (optional garnish)
- Add vodka, Sunny D, and Tripe Sec to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for about 10 seconds.
- Fill a short glass with ice (or a tall glass if you’d prefer more soda) and pour in the ingredients.
- Top with Sprite (or any lemon/lime soda. I used Sprite Zero).
- Add garnish.
- Enjoy, and as always, please drink responsibly.
Looking for more Summer Cocktails?
There’s no better way to beat the heat than a refreshing cocktail, am I right? Check out below some of my other favorite cocktails that are perfect for summer:
- Cucumber Gin and Tonic
- Pineapple Mint Spritzer
- Spicy Mango Whiskey-Rita
- Gin and Honey Meyer Lemonade
- Skinny CBD Mocktail Mojito (non-alcoholic!)
If you make either or both cocktails, be sure to leave a comment/review and/or tag me on social media! All my platforms are tagged below.
Cheers and Love,
Dani, a big tid + the nostalgic foodie
This Is Gonna Be Fun.
Make sure to subscribe (***drop your email in the subscription box on the right >>>) and follow me on your favorite social platforms so you don’t miss out on any of the good stuff–growth + successes, failure + flops, and all honest moments in between!